Monday, October 4, 2010

The Power of Music

I listened to the translation of the Angela Aki song Tegami yesterday. It's a song about a letter written to an older self and a reply by that same self telling her that all things will pass. I looked back on my 15-year-old self and my past experiences last night. Maybe I was too emotional back then to talk to myself but I definitely felt that I was alone and so misunderstood, as if my whole world was collapsing and I'd never get through it. The girls who heard the song for the first time were really crying. I guess when you're young, almost all the people around you wouldn't care if your world was falling apart and you feel lost.

I guess now I can only laugh at myself for taking things too seriously and hurting myself in the process. My childhood problems seem insignificant now but sometimes I miss the different and intense feelings of those times. There was definitely a time when I had the guts to fight for love and to just enjoy my life without a care in the world. I wonder if things have changed. I think I have grown weaker. I guess people just hurt you and pry on your life intentionally because they need the drama in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comments are now being moderated and may not immediately be posted. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I have set this comment section to be easily moderated and filtered against spam.