Friday, December 10, 2010

Chocolatey Dairy Queen Christmas Treats

I would sometimes downplay my love for chocolate in the last couple of years because it was a known allergen. I just gave myself a break this December and enjoyed a cup of the Candy Cane Chill Blizzard among many other seasonal Dairy Queen treats (the Mint Mocha Moolatte and the Christmas Dilly Bar) that were in front of me last December 2. The Candy Cane Chill Blizzard is only available during this Christmas season and you might just never hear or taste it again. Imagine soft serve creamy vanilla Dairy Queen ice cream blended with candy cane pieces and thin slices of chocolate chunks.


My thoughts on the Candy Cane Chill Blizzard:

  • It feels Christmas-y with every scoop. 
  • It tastes better and better with each scoop and is quite addicting. 
  • Even if it becomes melted ice cream at around 30 minutes, I still felt like a kid fishing out and finding the endless chocolate chunks in my Blizzard.
  • I found myself going back again and again to this cup even if I was full with all the other Dairy Queen treats.
  • I say giving in to chocolate with a Dairy Queen Candy Cane Chill Blizzard was worth it.
There is a Blizzard Cake version of it!


That's a whole ice cream cake to share with family and friends (and a new old idea to suggest what you want on somebody's birthday or Christmas party so that you can eat it)! The Mint Mocha Moolatte, on the other hand, is an alternative to alcohol this Christmas season. It will give you quite a kick at the first sip (and it almost tastes like super strong Bailey's only this is made of rich Columbian coffee that is mixed with chocolate, mint, soft-serve ice cream and whipped cream, I suggest mixing it all well for a milder kick).


The Dilly Bar was cute (although a little dry in the throat for me) and the Oreo Cheesecake Blizzard Cake was so rich and sinful.


It was also fun watching the decorating Masters do what they do best, Regular Ice Cream Cakes and Blizzard Cakes, in the Dairy Queen Cake Factory in Alimall. It was an interestingly fun chocolatey December day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comments are now being moderated and may not immediately be posted. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I have set this comment section to be easily moderated and filtered against spam.