Sunday, November 20, 2011

Nomama Tomas Morato

I did a post a while back on the significance of having noodles in my life. Naturally, I said yes to my friends when I heard there's a new ramen shop in town. Nomama was located a street away (parallel) from Tomas Morato across Max's Fried Chicken.


The specialty was artisanal ramen. J and I shared the Nomama ramen (P290). I said I just had to taste the miso-sesame blend. The soup was super reduced and the flavor was too strong and salty for me, not like the hot light ramen I'm used to. J would usually have most of the noodles and me the soup to finish the whole bowl. I had to pass on this one because I was a wee bit disappointed along with my friends who ordered the same thing.


If I'm ever in Nomama again, I would definitely go for the Pork Gyoza (P115). There was only one last piece left from my friends' order when we arrived and I wasn't able to take a picture. 


I liked the Pork Gyoza over the Mushroom Gyoza (P125), which had some (probably wine or sake) taste to it. 


J ordered the Roasted Chicken with Ponzu Cream (P330). It tasted like a cross of the Hainanese chicken and barbeque chicken for me. I liked the mashed potato mixed with sweet squash. 


Finally, there's the All Prawn Tempura (P320) which I would order again, although now that I think about it is a little pricey.


Feel free to try Nomama. I would go back for that Pork Gyoza that left quite an impression on me. Next time I will try out other stuff in the menu and continue looking for something that would fit my taste buds.

Store Details:
Nomama
G/F FSS Building 2,
Scout Tuason cor. Scout Castor Streets, Quezon City

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comments are now being moderated and may not immediately be posted. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I have set this comment section to be easily moderated and filtered against spam.