Friday, November 11, 2011

KFC Zinger Double Down is in Manila!

My three all-time favorite things to eat in KFC are the Zinger, the Macaroni Salad and the Chicken Strips Meal. Let me tell you why. It's a given that almost everything in KFC tastes good. How I came up with the two chicken favorites is simple really, there are no bones to bite into and I used to eat them in college for a quick and non-messy lunch or dinner. Sadly, the third is no longer in the menu.. Along comes the KFC Double Down craze a few months back and I said no thank you. Then came the KFC Zinger Double Down in my kitchen counter just recently thanks to J. Zinger was the magic word that keeps me coming back to KFC.


It's a bad idea to eat the KFC Zinger Double Down when you've just had a heavy dinner a few hours back. Even if J and I shared, the double Zinger patty, bacon, cheese and mayonnaise of this particular Double Down was just too much to see (it's so tempting) and to eat (you can taste the pounds you will gain). I reheated almost half of it in the morning and it tasted way much better, especially when the cheese has already melted into the chicken. I also used a fork and a knife and I would rather eat my Double Down that way.


During lunch, surprise surprise. There was a regular KFC Double Down on the table. Needless to say, I was thankful that I got to try the KFC Zinger Double Down first and already established to mark it as a must-eat when I'm really hungry and very able. Just give me a fork, a knife and some gravy with it and it can replace the Chicken Strips Meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comments are now being moderated and may not immediately be posted. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I have set this comment section to be easily moderated and filtered against spam.