Friday, January 13, 2012

Old Oven Art Cafe, a Late-Night Foodie Find in Katipunan

It was 10 p.m. and we were headed to Katipunan with our half-filled bellies for a late-night snack. Of course, my primary concern was the time and I wanted a quiet place to recuperate from a long and tiring day. I saw a sign that read Old Oven Art Cafe and I told J to turn back because I made my choice. Hehehe. I didn't know if it was good but it was open and it was an art cafe!


We were in Katipunan but not in the kinda now over-crowded part. Outside it was dark and the restaurant was located on the second floor (you'll see a drug store on the first).


I immediately liked what I saw. The place was small, clean and had an interesting vibe.


There were works from local artists whom they support


and brain teasers that will occupy your mind while waiting.


The ambiance was cozy and they were playing David Foster songs on TV. We were all tuned in to it and our food arrived. I liked the taste of our Spicy Buffalo Wings (P180 + 5%SC) although I couldn't eat a lot because these wings are chilin' hot (although understandable because it did say "Spicy Wings"). Wish they have options or I have magic powers to turn it a notch down and make the serving a little bigger for the price. We did take our time though, chillin', eating, listening to the music, doing the puzzles and many more. All of it made the experience very pleasant.


Our Berry Choco Fudge Cake (P125 + 5%SC) came next to cap the night.


I loved the strawberries and it was a nice surprise and sweet addition to the cherries. It was more of a very compressed cake and was not as moist as I imagined so I put fudge and fruit with every bite. =) Yes, I did break my Choco Counter over this one and it was an okay break. Definitely going back to try their signature Ravioli and some of their Cheesesteak sandwiches (plus do a comeback for those darn brain teasers too haha).


I would call Old Oven Art Cafe as a newly found secret place to unwind. I do hope they continue with the jazz music and the acoustic performances. Dunno how these two sentences will mix though once word gets out haha. I looked at the time and we didn't even notice that two hours had passed. I wished there was an Old Oven Art Cafe back when I was still in Ateneo...

Store Details:
Old Oven Art Cafe
Open Tuesdays to Saturdays 11 a.m. to 12 a.m.
Open Sundays 6 p.m. to 12 a.m.
136 Katipunan Road, Brgy. St. Ignatius, Quezon City
345-1243

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comments are now being moderated and may not immediately be posted. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I have set this comment section to be easily moderated and filtered against spam.