Friday, January 13, 2012

Lugang Cafe Bellagio Manila is Not Just a Dessert Place

I went to eat at Lugang once in December for a super filling and different set-menu meal ("panto" in Chinese) and once this January for a snack slash dinner break. It is a welcomed break from the usual Gloria Maris, Choi Garden, Golden Bay and other Chinese family restaurants in Manila today. As I have said when I first featured Lugang when it opened in Manila, my first taste ever of this restaurant was in Beijing as Bellagio and it was known for desserts there.


Today, I don't go to Lugang Cafe for the desserts. There's the Xiao Long Bao that tastes a lot better than Crystal Jade's.


I go there to have a full meal and try out their menu like this Black Pepper Rice (better than my first try, more meat, we ordered too much spicy stuff though)


and this spicy beef dish (Lugang serves Taiwanese-SzeChuan Cuisine. This one is a bit spicy and the hotness lingers in your mouth - accidentally ate the red chili too).


To add to the heat, the dish above comes with a burner which keeps it warm 


and the look reminded me of the incredible lamb dish that I had in Beijing in a hundred year old restaurant (drooling now with the thought...).


When in Lugang, have a filling meal with the family - Chinoy style =). Chinoy stands for Chinese living in the Philippines or Chinese/Pinoy or those that have Chinese blood who were born here and also consider themselves as part Pinoy and love the Philippines too.

Store Details:
Lugang Cafe
115 Connecticut Street, Northeast Greenhills, San Juan
Open Mondays to Thursdays 11:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Open Fridays to Sundays 11:00 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
775-7599

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comments are now being moderated and may not immediately be posted. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I have set this comment section to be easily moderated and filtered against spam.