Monday, January 9, 2012

Yedang, Korean Restaurant in Manila

If you're looking for a Korean quick fix in Manila, go to Yedang in Meralco Avenue, Ortigas near Metrowalk. J and I have been going there for years, read all about the Korean craze here. This post is about our first Korean encounter for the year and a few things I have to say about their current food selection.


Appetizers I like most: Fishcakes, Bean Sprouts (big togue, not available this meal), Kimchi (grill them, tastes better) - they are not as generous (unlimited and free) as before when they first opened, ask for your flavored water (pandan I think).


Old Timer: Dolsot Bibimbap - control spiciness according to your preference with the red sauce, if you put too much just add plain rice and the appetizers in the mix.


Most Ordered: Samgyeupsal (Pork Belly) - it's better if you cook it yourself but they have a minimum order for that, dip it in sesame oil-salt sauce, click here for my Korean friend's tips on how to cook samgyeupsal.


How I eat my Samgyeupsal - one or two pieces dipped in sesame oil-bamboo salt tops my rice/bibimbap, wrapped in lettuce, eaten by hand.


Kimchi Soup (Kimchi chi-gae) - comes with a bowl of rice, I think it's too spicy so I get a little and let it cool for a while before eating, read my best foodie experience in Seoul, it had a lot to do with kimchi.


Beef Stew: this one I think is more Filipino, couldn't find it during my Seoul trip.


Filling Snack: Tteokbokki - I think this can still be improved with ramen and other flavors, read my best foodie experience in Seoul, I didn't go home until I found pojongmacha-grade tteokbokki in the streets, my friend had a good laugh when I dragged her to Tteokbokki Street.


Yedang has changed over the years in terms of food portions and quality but we still go there because only Yedang and Sarambang can satisfy me when I crave for Korean food. It gets full quick so go there earlier; ask for your free dessert and appetizers (with free and "limited" refill) too.

Store Details:
Yedang Korean BBQ Restaurant
Mondays to Sundays 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Meralco Ave., Ortigas, Mandaluyong City

1 comment:

  1. hi I hope you could a review of yoogane located at Il terrazzo Quezon City

    ReplyDelete

The comments are now being moderated and may not immediately be posted. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I have set this comment section to be easily moderated and filtered against spam.