Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Ba Noi's Makati Vietnamese Restaurant

A dear friend once told me to try out a restaurant's simplest dish and use it as a gauge once in a while especially if it's my first time to eat there. I've carried that idea from him that if a restaurant can produce the simplest of dishes well, then there is a bigger possibility and capability that the complex and more expensive dishes will not disappoint. This was the idea behind ordering Ba Noi's Beef Pho.


J and I only had room for a light snack on that day. I would never refuse beef and noodles ordered to share. I don't fancy putting bean sprouts, basil and all of that stuff that comes with pho. I was content with the rich flavor of beef in warm broth, beef chunks and good noodles. This is only half of the to-share order by the way.


We were out in less than an hour because this was only a stopover, a new hole-in-the-wall discovery tucked away in Makati. Vietnamese cuisine is slowly gaining attention in Manila for me. There's the more commercialized Pho Hoa in major malls, the more professional one like Aquanox (with the chef owners and all) and new restaurants like Pho24 but there is nothing like going on a food trip to find hole-in-the-wall restaurants specifically like Ba Noi's that have survived with their loyal local and foreign clientele and started out with a half-Vietnamese owner who wanted to bring the flavors of Vietnam to Manila. This particular beef pho can satisfy my craving for light noodles and hot soup, especially on a rainy or sick day in Manila. Those who work in Makati are lucky because they can drop by Ba Noi's for a quick food trip. I'm excited to try the more of Banoi's complex dishes now. =) I've also included this place in my Guiltless Getaways picks of restaurants in Manila. The heart, the gut feel and the desire to come back definitely count in this case.

Store Details:
Ba Noi's
G/F Greenbelt Mansions,
106 Perea Street (near De La Rosa St.)
Makati City
893-7359

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comments are now being moderated and may not immediately be posted. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I have set this comment section to be easily moderated and filtered against spam.