Monday, December 12, 2011

AntiGravity Yoga in Manila!

Christopher Harrison has just invaded Manila and blew me away completely with excitement and anticipation for AntiGravity Yoga. I can't wait until Beyond Yoga finishes with the AntiGravity Yoga studio in Tomas Morato early next year! Aerial yoga fitness just changed my idea of yoga and brought out my hesitations about going to yoga class in Manila - that you don't have to feel out of breath in a hot room (I enjoyed doing yoga in the cold in Baguio) and that it is possible to do a headstand or do a plank in a few sessions or at the very first day of yoga class.


Practitioners might say boo to this form of non-traditional yoga but it really spells out fun, especially for me. I don't really engage much in an activity that I don't find fun and constricting like the regular running around the village, even if it's good for my health. Fun is a good indication that can keep me going on and on. I especially want my own AntiGravity silk Hammock! Mr. Harrison says it can hold an elephant (over 2000 pounds, wonder if they can use this medically and for aerial transport too...) and they're the only ones who sell it in the world. No kidding. Haha.


Well, here's the deal. Want to grow taller? I would definitely give AntiGravity a try for that report. With proper guidance and support, he shows this volunteer the steps to this pose on her first try. Growing tall has something to do with the release of spinal fluid when you're upside down (Zero Compression Inversions).


Wouldn't you want to be upside down like this for a few minutes?


Here's the fully supported headstand.


You can do this gyrating movement too and it is unique to AntiGravity Yoga.


Be Batman for a day and hang in there for a while.


Do some planking without having that concentration focused on your aching arms. It is impossible and painful for me in Barre3 and I've stopped trying. My face is always glued to the floor from exhaustion. This is AntiGravity's extended version of the downward dog.


Here's one of the many poses you can do soon. Hehe.


I can't wait to try this out most though. You'll be in your own cocoon having fun, silencing the world and starting to be attentive and mindful of your body.


Be an acrobat/dancer for a day and discover the joy of flying! It is possible. Soon around February 2012. Can't wait for the AntiGravity Yoga craze haha. FYI, AntiGravity has developed a routine especially for Cirque du Soleil and stars like Mariah, Pink and Britney Spears have used the hammock for their numbers in concerts. 

Store Details:
Beyond Yoga
3/F Il Terrazo, Tomas Morato Ave. corner Scout Madrinian Street, Quezon City
0917-5239663

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comments are now being moderated and may not immediately be posted. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I have set this comment section to be easily moderated and filtered against spam.