Friday, December 9, 2011

L' Opera The Fort & The Best Truffle Pasta in Manila!!!

Have you ever heard of truffles? J and I came back to the very restaurant where I first tasted it a little over three years ago. Yes, I will never forget L'Opera Ristorante Italiano at The Fort. I've been craving for Taglierini al profumo di tartufo in camicia di prosciutto to be exact. That's thin egg noodles with truffle sauce and Prosciutto in English. It was still there, with that same great taste, waiting for me to come back.


Time to practice what I've learned in JRP when it comes to fine dining in L'Opera. Hehe. Get some Social & Business Etiquette tips from my post here. Reservations were in order. I bet they always have a full house like that night.


I was looking for the three pasta's in one order but they didn't have it anymore. It was gracious of them to suggest the half-and-half. You pay half the price too =) There's the Taglierini d Tartufo (half, P270+10%SC) on the left and the Spaghetti Vongole Bianco (half, P195+10%SC) on the right. 


As expected, the Truffle Pasta was perfect. The Vongole Pasta was great save for the super firm pasta (maybe it's really undercooked or I just don't like it al dente...). It came back bland after and the superb taste of the clams and sauce when it first served was not there anymore... The Osso Bucco (P1100+10%SC) had very generous portions of meat and marrow that J loves so much.


Like a paparazzi, I spied on the table below and I vowed I would return again for a full plate of my Truffle Pasta and that plate of Scallops they were having downstairs.


Mission accomplished! Tummy full, too! This place is included in my Guiltless Getaways picks of restaurants in Manila.

Store Details:
L' Opera - The Fort
Lunch and Dinner Time
Unit G The Fort Entertainment Complex
26 Street Cor. 5th Ave., Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City
8893963 / 8892784

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comments are now being moderated and may not immediately be posted. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I have set this comment section to be easily moderated and filtered against spam.