Monday, February 28, 2011

Aquanox Vietnamese Kitchen

I have told you about the tasty pho in Rockwell under an older post. We came across another Vietnamese kitchen with a weird name - Aquanox in Ortigas Avenue. I still haven't figured out the story about it yet.


The chef left the A-List restaurant he had in the States and decided to bring his old family recipes, that famous people were raving about, to Manila. 


I will taste their Special Crabs and other specialty seafood dishes next time. 


Let me tell you about their Beef Pho (P190) which was not oily and was actually a light and satisfying bowl of noodle goodness. 


I tried all the different sauces and condiments they put in front of me and it didn't overpower nor taste the same as the other Phos. You can even put chili and a hoisin-like sauce in your Aquanox Beef Pho.


The Bun Satay and Roll (P195) surprisingly had minimal sauce. I am a saucy person but the bun was a nice break and I liked blending the flavorful grilled chicken or vietnamese rolls with the plain rice noodles. I think this could be your big Vietnamese "salad" to share before the main course. It could also be a meal in itself - it is basically noodles without soup.


I loved the Prawns on Sugarcane (P160) and my Vietnamese Iced Coffee (P85). 


I'm not a coffee drinker but this cup was a mix full of smooth and not-so-bitter coffee and ice.


I'll put this restaurant in my Guiltless Getaways list. There is something very interesting and gourmet about this Vietnamese restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comments are now being moderated and may not immediately be posted. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I have set this comment section to be easily moderated and filtered against spam.