Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Yumemiya Cafe's Curry Udon

I absolutely hate curry and onion, both big and small chunks, while I absolutely love soup noodles and beef. What happens if you combine my two extremes all in one dish? It gets to be the center of the conversation for this post.


Yumemiya is a Japanese Cafe that originated in Japan and it is definitely not just an ordinary restaurant serving the old, normal Japanese food. I don't know what they put in this particular Curry Udon (P288 + 10%SC) but I ended up chopping the noodles so that every spoonful of soup has a little bit of everything. I could see the onions swimming and the color of the curry and it didn't matter this time. I was addicted, partly because I couldn't figure out how the fusion actually... worked. The serving was also good enough for 2.


I was reminded of eating tomato cream pasta and I wondered if it had anything to do with their Italian Tomato brand. There were cakes, coffee, pudding in those tiny glass bottles and a lot more interesting things in front of me, including menu that listed the Japanese pizzas, pastas, risottos, rice meals, desserts, parfaits and green tea concoctions. 


The Curry Udon, which I absolutely loved, is just one of those. Good thing Yumemiya is in Greenhills!!!

Store Details:
Yumemiya Japanese Cafe - Manila
Open Mondays to Thursdays, Sundays 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., Fridays to Saturdays  7 a.m. to 12 a.m.
UG/F 47 NorthEast Square Building
Connecticut Street, Greenhills, San Juan
722-4838

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comments are now being moderated and may not immediately be posted. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I have set this comment section to be easily moderated and filtered against spam.