Friday, September 16, 2011

Yen Yen Taiwan Street Food in Gilmore

I know J loves Taiwan food and I was on the lookout for it in Manila for our next food trip. I found an article online which introduced Yen Yen in Gilmore as the place for cheap foodie finds. 


After our recent success in finding the Beef Noodle Street in Taiwan (find it here), I couldn't help but crave for it when I saw that Yen Yen had it.


The noodles were already cut and thick while the broth was too salty for me to slurp and finish. It costs around P180 and it was a big bowl good enough for 2.


I ordered the spicy wanton for dimsum (P88). I miss the Sichuan Spicy Dumplings I used to eat in Beijing (drool at it here). The sauce was great but there was something bitter in the wantons that turned me off.


Then I saw the Yummy magazine clipping on the wall. I probably would order the recommended Pork Chop and the other specialties next time. They got one thing right, Yen Yen was cheap enough for Taiwan food. For a steaming hot bowl of Taiwan beef noodle soup in Manila, I'd still go for Suzhou Dimsum in Araullo Street near Wilson Street in San Juan.

Store Details:
Yen Yen Taiwan Street Food
96 Granada St., Gilmore Avenue, Quezon City
325-3219

2 comments:

  1. Yen Yen Taiwan Street Food has moved to a bigger and better location at Wilson cor. P. Guevarra Sts. San Juan City... with basement parking and more perimeter parking. We've improved our interiors, and made our best selling pork chop rice and beef noodles even better. Plus we added new things to the menu. Visit us now!!! We're right beside Mini-Stop.

    ReplyDelete

The comments are now being moderated and may not immediately be posted. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I have set this comment section to be easily moderated and filtered against spam.