Sunday, September 18, 2011

Food Trip: MAGYAR for Under P350, Hungarian Food in Manila for 2!

I had my first taste of Goulash with Sauerkraut in MAGYAR more than a year ago and I hadn't forgotten it ever since. I was so sold on that particular dish that I wouldn't order anything else on the menu. Then I fell in love with the Spaetzle that came with some of the paprika dishes. It's Hungarian dumplings that I substitute for rice and I still can't pronounce it. I would always end up in my own world and putting my Spaetzle in the Goulash. MAGYAR is listed in My Favorite Guiltless Restaurant Picks in Manila.


On a particular rainy day this week, we headed out to Magyar and was preparing to eat the same thing - goulash with sauerkraut + a main dish with spaetzle at a P600 budget. J wasn't hungry and I was in charge of the menu and the budgeting. Today was a particularly happy day for me, especially with my new discovery.

The Szekely Goulash (P285) was the only thing that already had sauerkraut so I was okay with pork than ordering a separate order of sauerkraut for P140. One of the things that I love about this saucy soup was that it's full of a lot of things with every scoop. It's good enough for 2 or more people and it's a meal in itself, at least for me.


I was shocked when I turned the page and found out that I could actually order a big plate of spaetzle for P30 and not have to order another paprika dish anymore. I wonder why I never thought of that.


There's one very happy and satisfied customer here! Two bellies full and the whole thing just cost P346.50 with the service charge.

If you have room for dessert and you're not allergic to chocolate like I am, you may want to try this Peanut Butter Ganache.



Store Details:
Magyar Hungarian Restaurant
G/F Unit 3 Maga Center Paseo de Magallanes
Makati City Philippines
Open 11 am to 10 pm
853-1397, 862-0376

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comments are now being moderated and may not immediately be posted. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I have set this comment section to be easily moderated and filtered against spam.