Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Getting Things Done

The consequences of procrastination still haunts me to this day. I must be a self-made masochist leaving hopeless things to have fun but sometimes, you run out of time. You allot yourself a full day of plans, only to lose sight when you welcome distractions pleading for your attention early in the day. Regret comes after and my inner monster tells me over and over, "I should have stuck to my priorities." I hate the distractions, they should have made an appointment for my time. The next thing you know, your flight is tomorrow and naturally, what you have left behind extends the torture of moving on with your career.

I am stuck and they have me until I finish all of it. The only thing I can do is work under my own terms. Even under the circumstance and the constant uneasy feeling that my final freedom lies with me, I am glad that I can put an end to any additional tasks they throw at me now. To block the distractions, I have also blocked any invitations to stay a full day back to my former workplace. When I go there, I stick with the plan and plan a getaway after I finish my list. The bad thing about this gap period is that people think you are not doing anything so they push and try to do your schedule. When this happens, you must not allow yourself to get sucked back in. To move on, you would just have to tie up these loose ends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comments are now being moderated and may not immediately be posted. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I have set this comment section to be easily moderated and filtered against spam.