Thursday, February 2, 2012

There is GluTEAny in Manila and It's Okay to Give In

Two drinks will set this post apart from everything you've heard about me and the bubble tea craze in Manila. The one thing they have in common is Gluteany.


#1 Wintermelon Milk Tea - I thought I've just had enough of wintermelon because you are supposed to drink it when you have measles. I drank the juice of boiled wintermelon with kulantro (if I'm not mistaken) every day to aid my recovery. We also had a wintermelon concentrate fad here in the house and it was an uber good drink. Today, Wintermelon Milk Tea is one of the bestsellers in milk tea shops all over the metro. I had my first at Gluteany and I would order again at 75% (100% was a little sweet so I will turn it down a notch). I like the classic pearls or bubbles in my milk tea and the price for one 16 oz. is competitive at P85. 


#2 Rock Salt & Cheese Oolong Tea - I was grossed out with this drink when it came out in the Happy Lemon menu. I just couldn't wrap my head around it. The rock salt and cheese was something I would put in my gourmet meal, not in my drink. Plus I was definitely not a fan of Green Tea. Alas, the person who experimented and made my first taste of Rock Salt & Cheese happens to be the one who put up Gluteany. I didn't know when it started but those numerous taste tests had a very profound effect on me. I wouldn't mind eating spoonfuls of that rock salt & cheese now. A 16 oz. of Gluteany's Rock & Salt Cheese Oolong Tea would cost you P80.


Obviously, I would go all the way to QC for this. It's definitely Okay to Give In.


How 'bout you? What's your GluTEAny story? 

Store Details:
Gluteany
Open Mondays to Saturdays 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
172E D. Tuazon St., Quezon City
Near N. Amoranto St. (in between Goldilocks and Allied Bank)
3542216

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comments are now being moderated and may not immediately be posted. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I have set this comment section to be easily moderated and filtered against spam.