Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Quesadillas at Burritos & Tacos

I have been craving for quesadillas here in Manila ever since I got back from my Beijing trip last July. I could never forget the giant quesadilla in The Saddle Cantina that was well-kept in the Nali Patio (http://guiltlessgetaways.blogspot.com/2010/09/beijing-10-day-12-tripping-through.html). I was still too shy to take pictures then. I would probably go back there anyway. Back to Manila: We just got back from our Subic trip with friends that day and decided that we want to see each other one more time before the holidays, immediately that is. We met at the quiet Burritos & Tacos restaurant where I got to sample another type of quesadillas in Manila (aside from Chili's). I insisted that we order the steak quesadilla although I am not so sure if Jeff ordered that one. I just wanted to taste Tex-Mex cuisine again. Bottom line: it looked like one. 


Here's what it looks like from the inside (practice shots from my LUMIX gift!!!):


My comments: I like it better mixed with the guacamole and the other toppings. Too few steak pieces for the price (P320). For me, the serving is for 2 to 3 people. If I compare it to The Saddle Cantina, I would be unfair but that item from Beijing if I remember correctly was priced at around 50-60 RMB (around P350-P400). 
Here's a link to The Beijing Saddle Cantina site: http://www.beijingsaddle.com/.


My friends had these items - Burrito (2 big handfuls per order) and Fries

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comments are now being moderated and may not immediately be posted. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I have set this comment section to be easily moderated and filtered against spam.